We have a Startling Revelation to make: YOU CAN CHEAT DEATH!
In fact there are five simple ways of cheating death…
- Quit the Fags
- Lose Weight
- Get Fit
- Drink Less Booze
- Eat Right
If you can manage all five of these you will reduce your risk of death by a factor of 8 !!!
If you’re thinking “um…. der” you’re not alone.
For this is nothing here that hasn’t been common knowledge for years! Despite this, someone at Harvard University found need to fork out some cash to do a proper study. Robert van Dam, PhD, of Harvard University’s School of Public Health, looked at death risk and five lifestyle factors: cigarette smoking, being overweight, low physical activity, light or moderate alcohol use and low-quality diet.
The study beginning in 1980 and followed 77,782 female nurses ranging in age from 34-59 years old.
Of the 8882 deaths over 24 years:
- 1,790 were from cardiovascular disease
- 4,527 were from cancer
- 55% of those deaths were estimated to have been due to smoking, lack of physical activity, being overweight, and low-quality diet
- 28% of the deaths were tied to smoking
They also concluded
- Having five of the five risk factors increased the risk of death from cardiovascular disease by a factor of eight compared with having none of the risk factors.
- The risk of dying from cancer was three times higher; and
- The risk of dying from any cause was four times greater.
However those with a light to moderate alcohol intake (1 drink or less daily) were less likely to die from cardiovascular disease than those who do not drink any alcohol.
Read the full report here.