Joe Kelly has put together 53 Rules of Running. A collection of tips and truths that’ll ring true with anyone who has experienced life as a distance runner.
It includes the motivating…
- 5. “Keep promises, especially ones made to yourself”
- 14. “When standing in starting lines, remind yourself how fortunate you are to be there”
- 16. “A bad day of running still beats a good day at work”
… the practical…
- 4. “During group training runs, don’t let anyone run alone”
- 33. “Never throw away the instructions to your running watch” – never forget that one 😉
- 34. “Don’t try to outrun dogs.”
… through to the wise and downright philosophical…
- 3. “Don’t make running your life. Make it part of your life”
- 21. “Approach running as if the quality of your life depended on it”
- 45. “Winning means different things to different people”
Joe’s list reminded me, once again how running is not just about faster times.
Running is about becoming a better, more rounded person who enjoys a greater quality of life.