- 100-lap memory with average heart rate per lap
- 4 Linked Interval Timer Workouts with warm-up and cool-down
- 3-Line Display with customizable format
- 8 Target Heart Rate Zones – 5x preset, 3x customizable
While loaded with advanced features, this is not to say the watch does not have a certain amount of aesthetic flair in it’s own right, sporting a striking silver face, durable black resin strap, and large buttons for easy access to timing functions – suitable for both men and women, the T5F001 is a looker as well as a performer!
This training watch includes 100-Lap Memory with Recall, a clear 3-Line Digital Display and 4 Linked Interval Timers plus a few extra Timex goodies thrown in for good measure!
Interval Timer Mode is a flexible six-interval countdown timer that is perfect for timed repetition training and can record five different sessions of up to four intervals that can be repeated up to 99 times. Optional heart rate zone goals can also be set for interval groups, the groups also include warm-up and cool-down intervals – a nice touch that caters to the natural structure of an athlete’s sessions.
This heart rate monitor watch has great support for setting heart rate goals with 8 target heart rate zones – 5 pre-defined and 3 custom. When a heart rate zone is in use, the watch will alert you if your heart rate rises too high, or falls too low, ensuring you are in your optimal zone. Heart rate recovery is supported as well – an important indicator of overtraining, so of particularly interest to athletes.
All Timex heart rate monitor watches use Digital FM, synchronized transmission preventing cross-talk from other heart rate monitor devices. The monitor transmits readings continuously and features user-replaceable batteries.
The watch is very easy of use out of the box and presents a clear, digital display with three data lines and selection of real-time data fields that will vary depending on the watch’s mode of operation.
The T5F001 watch presents three, clear
data lines in the format above
GPS Tracking (not included in all buying options) is supported and when in use can display speed, pace and elevation data. Auto-start and auto-stop features will start/stop the chrono timer based on your movement alone, saving a button press. An auto-split option records a lap split when you cover a specified distance – did we mention this watch is extremely convenient to use?
Detailed summary modes present workout data at the end of a session.
Summary Mode, summarizes your most recent activity, including Total Session Time, Speed/Pace/Distance, Elevation and Heart Rate Information.
Lap Data Mode, displays a summary of stored session laps including, lap and split times, pace, distance, elevation and heart rate data of each lap.
Timex Data Recorder Compatibility
If you wish to download your session data to PC for later analysis, the watch is compatible with the Timex Data Recorder. The recorder interfaces Heart Rate Monitor and GPS devices recording data continuously when activated.
The Data Recorder offers the following benefits:
- Records multiple workouts
- Simultaneous collection of Heart Rate and Speed + Distance data from Heart Rate and GPS Sensors
- Stores up to:
- 72 hours of heart rate data
- 26 hours of speed and distance data, and
- 14 hours of combined heart rate and speed and distance data
- Easily clips onto your shorts or slips into your pocket
- Includes Timex Trainer software with USB cable
- Logs navigational data including altitude, elevation, latitude, longitude, ascent and descent
- Has up to 2 Year of battery life
- Is Splash-resistant (but NOT designed for heavy water useage)
Please Note: The Timex Trainer Software is only compatible with Microsoft Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP and Vista operating systems.
Starting from $81.95 on Amazon, the T5F001 gets a big thumbs up from us! In fact, in terms of features and price, the T5F001 is one of the best running watches we’ve seen! While probably a bit complicated for absolute beginners, this watch is highly recommended for athletes who are training at the next level.
The following configurations are currently offered on Amazon for purchase:
- Timex Ironman Unisex Heart Rate Monitor Watch T5F001 NO GPS or Data Recorder ($81.95 USD New)
- Timex Ironman Bodylink Heart Rate Monitor Watch T5F011 with Navman GPS ($167.65 USD New)
- Timex Ironman Bodylink Heart Rate Monitor Watch T5F011 with Navman GPS and Data Recorder 2 ($265.97 USD New)
Please Note: This watch does NOT record calories. This should not concern athletes training for performance, but those purchasing for diet and weight-loss might consider one of the other Timex Ironman heart rate monitor options:
- Timex Ironman Men’s 30-Lap Heart Rate Monitor Watch
- Timex Ironman Women’s 30-Lap Heart Rate Monitor Watch
For a comparison of Timex heart rate watches, check out our Timex Ironman heart rate monitor comparison page.
View More TIMEX 50 LAP WATCHES HERE
View More Timex 100 LAP WATCHES HERE
View More RUNNERS WATCHES HERE
View More MEN’S SPORTS WATCHES HERE.